Wednesday, November 07, 2007

in the bag

In the mornings, I tend to dump everything I'll need for the day* into a bag and run frantically out the door. Thus, my knitting isn't usually well-protected from the elements of the my bag's climate. After pulling a needle out of stitches for the umpteenth time, I decided that it was time for a little project bag.

*And often: not everything I'll need for the day.

I'd seen the Schrodinger bags on blogs and at the Spin-Out. They were nice, but I was concerned about two things: the fabric's heft (I don't need any additional weight from heavy fabric on my shoulder!), and the size (could I fit a full skein of Trekking in there?).


Browsing around, I found some very cute options at Zig Zag Stitches. The fabric was light, it was long enough to fit a full skein of yarn, and the price was really friendly. Best of all, it makes me happy!


(That's a little bit of Fetching peeking out from inside. It's a great pattern, and super-quick to make up. Very cool thumb construction too.)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Very pretty bag!

~Kristie said...

Me likey!