Monday, November 05, 2007

the good and the bad

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster over at Chez Yarn and Cocktails since my last post. There was a great celebration of life (from Hubby's side of the family), and then a confrontation with the opposite (my side). Nothing's resolved there, but I'm levelling out. And I haven't really knit at all since Thursday.


But! Seeing tons and tons of family, extended and not, over the weekend got me thinking about holiday gifts. How much can I knit before December? Anthropologie's in the act, by creating this window display with great big balls of yarn. It's taunting me! Some presents are already completed (phew!), but there's still a long way to go. I'm trying to not schedule anything over Thanksgiving weekend so I can knit knit knit. Can I finish eight to ten projects in the next six weeks? Am I crazy? Leave your answer in the comments.

Hey! It's post #300!

2 comments:

~Kristie said...

You can finish anything you set your mind to, but you still may be crazy.

Personally, I've decided not to knit gifts anymore for Christmas. Instead, it's easier for me to spread them throughout the year for birthdays. Someday, I will figure out how to plan a year in advance though to do them for Christmas. At least, that's my story & I'm stickin' to it.

Brenda said...

I don't mean to be rude, Abby, but I think you may be crazy. 6-8 projects! I'm sure you can do it, but you also want to enjoy the holiday season. You know yourself best. I think Kristie's birthday gift idea is a good one; you could do some for Christmas and some others for birthdays.