Monday, September 10, 2007

back online

We're back! It was a lovely trip, and New Hampshire was terrific. That is, until the weather took a strange turn into late July conditions and the humidity and heat went through the roof. But the very cold north Atlantic has a way of cooling you off pretty quickly, if you are so lucky.

Some highlights:
1. Visiting lots of little yarn shops and falling in love with this craft again.
2. Teaching Hubby how to knit, and bursting with pride at how well his hat is coming along.
3. The Red Hook brewery (not from Red Hook, Brooklyn! Who knew?)
4. Eating my weight in fried clams and oysters, slurping down raw oysters, and lobster rolls.
5. Wearing Chamomile a couple of chilly nights.
6. Progressing quite nicely on a soon-to-be-one-year-old's Wave Jacket!

I'll provide more details on the trip, comments on blogs, and return emails soon. I'm so glad that I'm off of work for another week.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! And I like the Wave Jacket! Will we get to see your husband's hat?

Anonymous said...

How great that you had such a fantastic time in NH! Kudos for teaching your hubby how to knit - how great is that?! And my gosh, just reading about all the seafood that you ate makes me want to scream out loud - I sooooo miss all those goodies! Yay for seafood! ;)