Thursday, September 13, 2007

a new leaf

Half of the Backyard Leaves scarf is done! It's been a very entertaining knit, especially after a no-shapinng stockinette sweater. And the yarn! Baby alpaca is my new favorite thing.

The pattern called for Zara, and now I understand why: the two distinct plys in the Shibui is kind of distracting with all of the lace swirling around. Zara is very smooth, and that probably would have been a better choice. However, I lurve this yarn, and will have enough left over for at least one hat! (35 grams is left from the first skein.)

3 comments:

~Kristie said...

I LOVE the yarn. It looks so beautiful. Baby Alpaca? I've never knit with it before .. stop tempting me!

Brenda said...

Gotta love those baby alpacas! That scarf is quite a beauty.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, gorgeous! I'm totally in love with this yarn, it looks ever so beautiful and yummy!