Friday, February 17, 2006

Kiri Elation

December and January were good months for finishing projects. One project of which I'm particularly proud is Polly's Kiri Shawl. It was my second lace project, and I started it right before summer vacation in August. It had many periods of rest, and I learned to frog on this project. (It's really scary.)



The first lacy thing I tried was the Knitty Branching Out scarf. I'm scared of using lacy weight yarn, though. I couldn't bring myself to use the Kidsilk Haze for something as large as Kiri, and the Cascade 220 came through for me. I used just over two skeins, and discovered that my original dye lots didn't match when I went to Downtown Yarns to get the third. Whoops.



In any case, I like it and it's wonderful to wear when sitting in the drafty computer room. More lace in the future, I think... and next time in KSH.

No comments: