Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Tantric Sidecar

(I think that's what it was called. I forgot to write down the name.)

The Pegu Club on Houston is just my kind of place. If you are going to spend $12 for a mixed drink, you owe it to yourself to make sure it's a good one. The room is swanky, the staff friendly, and gosh... they know their stuff. I met my friend Silvana there for a drink recently, and had one of their signature concoctions. I haven't tried to recreate this at home, so I'm not even going to guess at proportions. This Sidecar had: cognac, calvados, cointreau, lemon juice, pineapple juice, and green chartreuse. I'm not even sure what that last thing is.


Be sure to drop by Pegu at your earliest convenience (it's on the second floor at West Broadway). The drink menu seems to change with the seasons, so there are lots of new reasons to come back.

No comments: