Friday, October 27, 2006

since the last time i wrote about actual knitting


...not a heck of a lot has been done. I had to go back and check the last sock update! So: one Trekking Jaywalker is done. The other, as shown here, is started. I also started a new pair (this would be October's) in some of the vacation-purchased Regia Silk. It's very soft and lurvely. Inspired by the blankie I did in July, I'm doing little eyelets in the sock, just to keep things fun. Jumping back and forth between that and the Trekking doesn't do any favors for the Trekking. The needles are Knit Picks 2.0mm, which are significantly smaller than the Addi 2.0mms. For a while I thought that they were just flimsy, because snapping seemed possible. But when comparing the two side by side, it's clear that they are just smaller. I hope the sock fits.

That horrible thought just occurred to me for the first time.

And Melinda, if you are still there, I haven't forgotten about you. The wee one's gift will be mailed on Monday, even if I have to pull an all-nighter to get it done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No hurry Abby!! She's growing so fast!! Wait til you see her over the holidays!!

We will most likely be in during the time of Rob Mathes concert as always...

Those black socks look WARM!!

The Rhinebeck trip sounded absolutely fantastic!! I'm glad it was fruitful! Say hi to the hubby for me!!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/10/29/its_your_business_new_yarn_shop_is_klose_knit