Friday, June 29, 2007

finished object friday

Another pair of socks are done! I can't say that I love the Wildfoote. It was a bit tough on the hands, but Brenda says that they hold up really well. I've seen others mention that the color bleeds a great deal in the first few washes, so I'm kind of interested in seeing that.

Pattern: Garter Rib Socks with a Heel-Flap from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlotte Schurch
Yarn: Wildfoote (color SY-200 Rhapsody)
Needles: Addi circular size 0s
Modifications: I had to fudge the heel flap a bit for the 64 stitches on the leg. For some reason, I keep thinking that a heel flap is a good option, but I. Do. Not. Like. Them. Remind me of that when I get there on the Jaywalkers that are hanging around...

During the Yankees game on Thursday, I was feeling very discontented. With the Yankees, and with everything that I had on needles. Also with some yarn that's been hanging around for too long, and that is cluttering up my psyche. And yarn bins. So I grabbed this plush, extravagant yarn, and cast on.

The Touch Me has been knit and ripped a number of times. Originally, I planned to do a smaller version of the Vintage Velvet scarf from Scarf Style, as I only had three skeins.* But ribbing didn't seem to work, and the cable completely disappeared. I'd often grab it when heading on a short trip, but always ripped. I was concerned about length vs. width with the limited yardage, and just never got anywhere. But now! I'm very pleased.

*I got the yarn on sale (yay 50% off!) at least two and a half years ago at an UES shop, called, I think, the Lion and the Lamb. I think it's closed now.

Pattern: Seed stitch over 25 stitches, back and forth until I ran out.
Yarn: Muench Touch Me, three skeins in a bright red (the labels are long-lost)
Needles: Bamboo size 9, 10" long or so (I used straight needles!)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Very nice socks and scarf! The Wildfoote colors will run. I hope they wear better than they were to knit.

Touch Me yarn is so aptly named. That will be a wonderful scarf during the autumn!