Saturday, June 23, 2007

ssr #2 and #3

Hubby lost his Silk Garden hat late in the spring, and since this cashmere was left over from He-Who-Goes-to-Nepal-and-Scotland's (more on that later) neckwarmer, it seemed like a good match-up.

Pattern: Morehouse Merino Mushroom Hat, with modifications
Yarn: Bulky cashmere from School Products, purchased this spring
Needles: Bamboo 10.5 circular and DPN
Modifications: The pattern was written for much thinner yarn, but a quick consultation with the Ann Budd pattern book gave me the proper number of stitches to cast on.

Oh. My. God. This is just too cute.

Pattern: Top Down Bonnet with Anime Character from Hello Yarn
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk
Needles: Addi circulars #3
Modifications: I made the ears a little shorter than called for. I really wanted to make sure they would stand up... and they do! I'm so pleased.

I got a book of pictures from My Friend Totoro to accompany the hat, in case the parents haven't seen the movie. I'm fairly sure they'll get it immediately, but just to be safe...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

The top down bonnet is adorable! I think the ears are perfect.

Your husband loses a hat, so you knit him a new one of CASHMERE?! You are very devoted. The hat looks good.

~Kristie said...

All your hats look great! You're definitely well on your way to tackling those single skeins.