1. I've now listened to every episode of Stash and Burn, which I totally love. I'm very glad they are back from vacation!
2. I want to learn to crochet, and am very sad that the Happy Hooker hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. What's the deal, yo? Jane at Yarnstorm made some absolutely beautiful squares that are gorgeous flowers and they were the real inspiration to learn. Then I heard Sasha Kagan on the Ready Set Knit podcast talking about crochet... and then Jenny and Nicole from Stash and Burn are talking about crochet... so it's time.
3. Mystery Stole 3 is getting the best of me. I started on the 4th with the LB Cashwool, then started again with a different bead. Then I stopped. I wasn't good at knitting with yarn with the approximate thickness of hair.* Next I started with the Knit Picks Shadow, which worked out much better. I was cruising along, and then someone started setting off fireworks across the street. I jumped, and ripped a needle out of the half the row. After that, I decided it was time for a break.
*It's lovely! Just not the thing for my clumsy fingers right now. The Cashwool is 100 grams and 1460 yards, and the Shadow is 880 yards in 100 grams. Cashwool is some pretty skinny yarn.
3a. So now the second clue has been posted, and everyone's clue #1s look lovely. But I'm not sure that this is going to happen for me. I'm still in Chart 1A. Ah, well. I'm going to continue printing the clues and plug along at my own pace. And probably switch my Yahoo Group settings to only receive the Special Notices. 400 emails, even when digested into 25 message chunks, is way too many per day.
4. I reorganized my circular needles the other day, and am very pleased with the results. Can't wait to get my camera back from France! And Hubby, too, of course. It sounds like he's having way too much fun for this to be work.
5. Last night I got to meet the recepient of the log cabin baby blankie for the first time. She was quite pleased to see me, didn't cry at all, and I was very pleased to see that the blankie was being put to good use.