Monday, January 21, 2008

the decision is...

Knit-buds Marni and Stephanie were over yesterday afternoon for a knit and chat session, and I consulted them about the new stripey sock. I explained my willingness to rip it out, but I was soundly told that I was crazy. (Not that this is a new thing, of course.) They loved it, so I thought whomever ended up with these as a gift might love it too! I stopped by the LYS this morning, and Laurie helped me pick out a coordinating color of Koigu for the heels and toes so I don't interrupt the swirls. Browns were rejected as too dull, and I ix-nayed the mustard yellow she suggested. I like this compromise-cranberry a good deal.

Truthfully, I've been ripping out so many projects lately that I didn't really have it in me to pull out a good 6 inches of sock. My EZ February Baby Sweater was ripped on Saturday, and I'm going to have to start over on the Hourglass Sweater as well. While the third time is often the charm, I think it might have put me around the bend. Socks are meditative, and wear out pretty quickly; it's OK to have less-than-perfect sometimes.

2 comments:

~Kristie said...

So clever! I think the solid color toes & heels will be an ideal solution. Good luck ... sounds like you might need it!

Brenda said...

Great solution for the socks! Bummer about having to frog the sweater. I hope the third time is the charm. I just ripped a lace scarf twice before I got it going right. The first try had obvious errors in the garter edges--I don't know how I did that.