Saturday, August 04, 2007

i heart portland

I heart Knit/Purl in Portland, more specifically. Since it was a vacation, and near the end of my no-yarn-buying phase, I went a touch crazy on this trip. Happily, my suitcase was half-full went we went out there... and packed on the return!

Bee-yout-tee-ful Sea Wool.

Lurvely Baby Alpaca from the new Shibui Knits line (from Knit/Purl!). This will likely get knit up into the Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style for my sister-in-law, who loves this color.

Yes, I'm going to knit a sweater in sock yarn. Am I crazy? Very possibly.

No idea what this will become, but who can resist Sea Silk in this lovely, spun gold? Not me!

This bamboo sock yarn was the only thing I bought not from Knit/Purl... and I can't remember the name of the shop. It was in the Pearl District, on Gilsen Street? I'm excited about this.

Portland is excellent in other ways, too, but with all this yarn, it would be too much to talk about the other ways it is so wonderful.

2 comments:

~Kristie said...

You scored! You definitely enhanced your stash in an utterly gorgeous way! I could so see myself purchasing exactly what you did in the exact same colors. I can't wait to watch the projects develop!

Brenda said...

Such beautiful yarns and colors! I envy you the Sea Wool. I need to get me some.