Friday, October 05, 2007

it's autumn, right?

Yesterday's high of 84, and the equally steamy temperatures forecasted for tomorrow has me in a bit of a state, but my knitting knows that it's fall, and nearly time to break out the woolens. So I started making a pair of mittens from Diakeito Diamusee Fine, which is a very fun yarn. It's Japanese, and has two plys that are very gently, um, plied in great colors.* I'm using a basic Ann Budd pattern, and it's about perfect: lightweight, and just hand sized. It only took two or three evenings to whip up, and I'm excited to start the next one. I have two skeins, but this mitten only used about a third of one, so I get to make another pair... holiday gift, perhaps?

*The photo doesn't show the colors very well, but there was no light this morning. The fog was so dense that I couldn't see across the street.

The hot weather means that I haven't started putting the sleeves on the Tilted Duster yet. But I've got Monday off, and will finish it then! And keep my fingers crossed that someday it'll be cool enough to wear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're also having such extremely hot temperatures lately - certainly strange for fall over here and not what I was hoping for ;) But you're right that you're off to begin your fall/winter knitting, the cold days will be here soon! I love these mittens, the colors go so well along together - beautiful!