Monday, February 25, 2008

and the oscar goes to...

While the Oscars weren’t nearly as long as they’ve been in previous years (11:48? really?), I did get quite a bit done on my newest project: a scarf-sized Clapotis.

The stitch markers are new-to-me rubber rings from Clover. I’ve always just used simple plastic rings from Susan Bates that are super cheap, which is super good for me as they always seem to be scattered around the apartment or the bottom of my bag. But during the sweater knitting (still keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out OK), I discovered that the rings were actually slicing my fingers.

How did I discover that? By tossing a vinegarette dressing into a salad with my fingers. The vinegar jumped right into the little cut, and I promptly started jumping around and howling in pain. It’s better now, but I’m glad I made the investment in the fancy stitch markers. Much more comfy…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! That yarn is beautiful. Make sure you do modeled FO photos though.

I told my friends at knit night about your sweater. They all agreed that they'd frog it, make a gauge swatch and re-knit it. I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

is it still drying? How does it look now?

Brenda said...

Beautiful colors in the Clapotis! I get migraines when I see a movie in a movie theater, so I always have to wait for the DVD. Therefore, I've almost never seen the movies by the time the Oscars roll around. I do like looking at all the beautiful gowns and jewelry.