Thursday, May 29, 2008

more foodie goodness

To continue the foodie trend 'round here, I made granola yesterday. It is pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

4 cups of rolled oats
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
smidge of salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 maple syrup
1/2 cup hazelnuts

Mix the dry stuff together, and then slowly pour in the liquids as you mix. Spread the stuff out on a sheet tray (with sides, of course) and bake at 350 for 15 minutes (oven should be preheated). After 15 minutes, take the tray out and mix in the nuts. Put it back in for another 15, and then let it cool. Bag it up and enjoy with yogurt and fresh fruit, if it's available.

If I'm making granola, you know that it's a very good thing that I start a consulting job on Monday that will keep me rather busy for a while.

Tomorrow I'll have a finished Baby Surprise Jacket for you. (It's still a little damp, so I'm waiting on the button-sewing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've moved to Portland and now you're making granola? Are the people rubbing off on you already? Just kidding. It does sound really yummy!