Sunday, May 18, 2008

surprise!


The instructions say, "Work will start to look very odd, indeed, but trust me, and PRESS ON."  And yes, the garment (which will evidently turn into a baby sweater after some crafty origami) does look very odd, and I keep pressing on.  

This is the great Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket.  I'm using Hello Yarn's Fat Sock in the charmingly named Softly.  Perfect for a new little girl, don't you think?  

The Portland Heat Wave is waning, thankfully.  It's not nearly as dreadful as 90 degrees in New York, but the lack of air conditioning is noticeable.  The forecast is for highs in the low 60s for later in the week.  Bliss.

(Watching the Yankees get their arses handed to them on a platter by the Mets was not bliss.  But thanks for broadcasting the game, ESPN.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that yarn was the ideal choice for the jacket. I'll be excited to watch its progress. That is, if I don't get too behind on blog reading again. Eek!