Thursday, May 01, 2008

powerless

Moving is a really good exercise for proving how powerless you are in the face of everything.  Our movers aren't coming with our stuff until next Wednesday.  And there's nothing I can do about it.  The guy with our car can't tell me when he's arriving with our old car (which will become mine).  I'm getting rather tired of wearing the same clothes that I've been wearing for two weeks already*, and a really empty house.  But there's nothing I can do but enjoy it, I guess.  
I'm becoming so zen living out here in Portland.

*We can wash them, of course, but it's the same small selection that is getting tiring.

Today was Hubby's first day of work.  I celebrated by getting a library card, and checking out a book I never managed to finish in New York.  I google-chatted with a friend for an hour.  And went to Twisted yarn shop, and fell a little bit in love.  I bought two great patterns from local designers, and now really wish that my yarn was here with me.  And finally, I ordered cable and internet for home, because I'm so ready to start listening to internet radio again.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, that sucks in a big bad way. What's up with the movers? Are they taking a few too many potty stops?

Hang in there. It won't be long before you're up to your elbows in boxes unpacking.