Monday, June 23, 2008

two months in

Two months ago, at about 11pm, we landed in Portland. We've accomplished a lot in that time. We've gotten (relatively) settled into our new life, and learned a lot about this wacky city. There is a huge display of fireworks - boxed up - in the grocery store. And a big sign that says, "NO SMOKING." Um, right. Please, no smoking while I'm in the store. I'm now rather scared of what's going to happen on July 4th.

Our first foray into being tour guides for Portland went quite well this weekend. Hubby's parents were in town, and I think we gave them a good view of the city. Portland's weather did cooperate, and the rain did make a quick appearance. And then the weather changed 10 minutes later.

I have no knitting news to report. I've screwed up the Swallowtail Shawl (the final edging, too!) yet again, and I think that I need to rip all the way back. I also messed up a plain sock, if you can believe it. We've got a road trip planned for this weekend, with 18 hours in the car. What should I bring with me that's interesting, but I can't screw up?

No comments: