Monday, June 02, 2008

new lace

I wanted a little lacy project after all of the garter stitch on the Baby Surprise Jacket.  I've had the Swallowtail Shawl on my queue for quite a while, and heard from many sources that it was super-quick and satisfying.  I had two little skeins of Morehouse Merino Lace in my stash, and decided that the natural, undyed color would work well for the pattern.  It's been a lot of fun so far, and I've got three more repeats of these little leaves before the borders begin.  Even though it's a simple pattern, I can't knit it (successfully) while watching a movie.  I messed up the 10th repeat - when it really should have been in my head - but was able to fix it after some coffee this morning.  

We had a great weekend, and bought bicycles yesterday.  I love it, and have been thinking what errands I can create to get me out on the road this afternoon.  Pictures soon! 

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks very pretty! I've read the nupps in the border can be a bit trying, but I think there are several work-arounds in blog-land if you turn out to hate them.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! I can't watch tv while knitting most projects, but I sure do listen to it.

What kind of bikes did you buy? I think we may get some this summer also.