Thursday, March 16, 2006

Do you know what it means?

Last year, I was rewarded with my first official SPRING BREAK in many years. OK, so spring break when you are approaching 30 (as I was then) isn't exactly the same as when you are an undergrad. But I needed to skip town for a while, so called up my friend C and convinced her to take a little trip with me.

We settled on New Orleans, found a nice bed and breakfast inn, and agreed that no Mardi Gras beads would be purchased. My trip down there was rather harrowing, but once there I did slip into the feel of the Big Easy. Sort of. I'm a Yankee, you see, and we don't adjust to that slow lifestyle very Easily.

Yesterday Teri Gross interviewed the chief medical examiner for LA, and two teachers from one of only three high schools that are open in New Orleans today. And since I'm on my second spring break in as many years right now, I thought that I would share some of the pictures from that trip.






And, of course, there's the skein of Malabrigo that I got at the Quarter Stitch. It's in Alpine Pearl (light and dark grays and lavenders), but I can't figure out what to do with it yet. It'll remain in the stash as a great memory.

No comments: