Thursday, March 30, 2006

oh, happy day

I thought hard about getting out of bed this morning. I just wanted to sleep. I watched the shower run for about 10 minutes before deciding that I did need to go to work, and therefore needed to get moving. I wasn't feeling much better afterwards.

But Hubby had turned the news on, and I got the news that Jill Carroll had been released in Baghdad, and the day started to look up. I remembered a very similar morning about a year ago, when I heard that Marla Ruzicka was killed in Baghdad. Marla was a squatter in my office for a while, and I was introduced to her at some point.

Jill Carroll wrote a very lovely tribute piece about Marla in the Christian Science Monitor. I'm very relieved that Jill is safe and that the story is different this year.

No comments: