Tuesday, May 16, 2006

reality check

First off: cocktail? Check. Yankees? Check. OK, we’re good to go.

Second: wake me when it’s July 27th. Stats II is going to be fairly unbearable.

Thirdly: I engaged in a little bit of inadvertent retail therapy today. Thing is, my laptop needs a home away from home. I know, I know that I talked about making a super-cool felted case… and I even had the yarn for it. But I just don’t have the time to make it. And the laptop is going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next month. I will admit that I had a couple of concerns about the port-holes and the residual fuzziness from the felting. What if they got clogged with lint?

So, while out buying a notebook for class tonight, I happened by a display of laptop cases. They were pretty affordable, and just so darn cute. So I got the purple. When I got back to the office, I had to show it off to my co-workers. Here’s an approximation of our conversation.

Me: Hey, look at my cute new laptop case!

Co-Worker 1: I want a laptop.

Me: Um…

Co-Worker 1: But this is great; the logo is fantastic. Where is it made? Spain?

[Co-Worker 2 wanders over.]

Co-Worker 2: Hey, that’s nice! You know, it’s the same purple as N…

Co-Worker 1: DON’T! [Co-Worker 1 has the look on his face that a parent gets when a childless aunt mentions to her nephew that chicken fingers are made out of the cute chickens we were all just playing with in the petting zoo.]

Co-Worker 2: …YU.

Me: Um… But I like purple; I wasn’t thinking about my school colors. Will everyone think that I got it to match? Oh God. I think I have to go exchange it.

So, I didn’t end up going to exchange it. It fits the computer really well, and I do like purple a whole lot. Who cares what people think? Me likey!



UPDATE: How much does Jorge Posado rock? More than can be contained on this little post.

No comments: