Monday, December 18, 2006

10 days?

Wow, I didn't realize that I hadn't posted in so long. Sorry, readers! I was seriously distracted with finishing up the semester (only one more to go!) and working lots and lots, as it is the busiest season of the year at work. The combo always leads to very little holiday spirit on my part.

But, I have been knitting and gifting. This little hat was gifted to my little September baby friend. Mom, baby and I had lunch recently, and I was concerned about the heftiness of his current hat. This is made from the all-naturally dyed Jamie Harmon merino/angora yarn (purchased from Rhinebeck 2006). The little guy was not impressed with the mittens, but they were just too cute to not make. He seemed fine with the hat!

In other news, I was jolted awake yesterday by a migraine (after feeling crappy the previous two days). It took a while for me to realize what it was, because it had been so long since I'd had the pleasure. Since I was asleep, I didn't catch the aura warning signs and was thus really confused for a while. I figured out what it was after I started thinking that lopping off my head would be preferable to the pain. Happily, my migraines are usually only a couple of hours long, so I did make it to the two previously scheduled Sunday parties... ;)

No comments: