Monday, May 14, 2007

phew

First, last week I got a package in the mail from Kristie! Thank you so much! I don't know how you let that beautiful Trekking out of your hands, but I'm very happy that it landed in mine. The lotion and soap she included matches the shampoo picked up a while ago. It's lime coconut verbena, and it sets me singing in a Kermit voice, "Put the lime in the coconut..."

I can also unveil a pair of socks that have been done for a while, but I just was able to gift them to the receipient this weekend. It's Knit Picks Gloss in Burgundy, a cable and seed stitch pattern. There is so much left over from the two skeins I purchased. I might have to get more in a different color and try some striped socks... sometime.

And finally, because Brenda is offering more cocktails than I've been recently, I made mojitos last night during cocktail hour. The mint at the market smelled so vibrant and fresh that I knew I needed some. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to drive around the South Bronx and look for the parked vans selling tropical fruits and sugar cane. Sometime this summer!

Tomorrow: the log cabin baby blanket!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad you had a mojito! I think they may be the perfect summer drink.

Nice socks! Is the seed stitch rib stretchy? It is very pretty.

~Kristie said...

I'm so glad you like the yarn. I think DH may have had a problem letting it go more than I .. seeing as it was in HIS trunk for so long .. LOL!

Mmmmm... Mojitos!

That KnitPicks Gloss yarn looks great with that pattern. Did you make it up or where did you get it?