Sunday, February 11, 2007

it's finished!

It’s finished! My Drop-Stitch cardigan is done. It took four days to knit, a month plus to age in pieces, and then about a day to seam and finish the last bits. I’m really happy with how it turned out. It seemed that the i-cord edging along the front was going to do me in, but I persevered. The sleeves seemed very bell-like before they were seamed, but I’m pleased to report that they are, in fact, just lovely. I did the collar about an inch shorter than called for in the pattern, but everything else is done by the book.

Pattern: Drop-Stitch Cardigan by Amy King, Interweave Knits Fall 2005
Yarn: Tahki Bunny (not nearly the 12 skeins called for) from yarn.com
Needles: size 8 bamboo, then size 6 for the i-cord edging

There’s quite a bit of yarn left over, and I’m going to knit Dulaan items with the left-overs. I saved my swatch for any emergency repairs that might be called for. I’m just very pleased with it, and plan on showing off this sweater on Tuesday when we are having dinner with relative/knitters.

So what’s next?

1 comment:

~Kristie said...

YEAH FOR YOU! That is B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Good for you for using up your stash yarn AND having plans for the leftovers. By the way, I would SO wear that in that exact color, so if you decide it's not for you ... well, you get what I'm saying.