Thursday, February 01, 2007

bottom's up!

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of my SF Pinko Commie socks this morning, but I did finish them last night! And promptly started a new pair of socks for Hubby.

But I haven't posted about interesting cocktails in a while, but rest assured: I've been imbibing. Last Sunday we went out* for dinner with some friends, and I had a promising, but not entirely fulfulling drink. It was a mix of cardamom-infused Knob Creek bourbon, cointreau, and orange juice. The cardamom got me excited, but it was very subdued in the mix. I'm going to try to infuse some bourbon at home and see if I can do better, because it was really good and has tremendous potential. And Knob Creek for infusing? Isn't that a little over the top, like using grower champagne for mimosas?

*I love New York City in January. It takes 25 minutes to get into the city from our suburban home, and there is street parking just about wherever you need it. Tourists aren't really around, and restaurants are so much more relaxed. And today is February 1. Sigh.

No comments: