Monday, February 12, 2007

One Year Anniversary

Happy blogiversary! Yay! Cupcakes for everyone! Except I probably won't have one today. Last year on this date, New York was getting its first snowfall of the season. We are supposed to get snow in the next few days, and that should be the first significant accumulation.

I was looking through my stash yesterday evening, trying to figure out what I should start as my "home" project. I want to finish Hubby's sock (I'm doing the heel on sock #2 now), and he's also requested a pair of mittens. But I was surprised to see that my sweater stash has about seven sweaters' worth of yarn, and three of those are red. So... that leads me to think that I'll have to make a summery sweater out of some Jo Sharp Desert Garden or some linen stuff I got on a super sale. And both of those yarns are rather greenish. I need to increase my stash diversity (but not until August). I would rather start a heavier sweater, but given my upcoming workload, I wouldn't be able to finish it while I could still wear it.

The super-observant might have noticed that my drop-stitch sweater isn't exactly finished. I couldn't find a zipper, and had to order one from customzippers.com. It will hopefully arrive this week. But I'm still wearing it tomorrow.

1 comment:

~Kristie said...

Happy Blogiversary! Didn't it seem to go by too fast? My blogiversary is in about a month, but instead of cupcakes I may host a contest for free yarn. Although .. those cupcakes sure do look good!!