Friday, June 02, 2006

city slicker indeed

One of the joys of a subway system that runs 24 hours a day is that maintanence is hard to accomplish when there are always trains zipping by. Therefore, NYC has a few problems when the rains come. And the rains have been coming in fierce sudden bursts lately. This afternoon I had the pleasure of watching full trains go by with no room little 'ol me (nor anyone else, to be fair). Because the drainage in the subways is so clogged that when it rains a lot, they have to take certain tracks out of service (electricity + water = bad).

The guy behind me (closer to me than Hubby gets some nights) had some good salsa music in his headphones, though, so I got to enjoy that during the trip.

However, the slow-downs weren't so bad, and I only had to go a few stops. Hubby, on the other hand, is stuck in traffic somewhere, watching as precious cheaper-than-gold gasoline is burnt up. But I'll bet he doesn't have someone underarm in his nose.

(Last night I turned a heel! But I'm too lazy to get the camera out to share. Long day of classes.)

No comments: