Friday, June 16, 2006

tonight, the role of sophisticated new yorker


will be played by yours truly! Last night Hubby, a friend and I got a chance to see Jessica Molaskey at the Algonquin Hotel's Oak Room. Such a famous hotel, and it's always nice to be able to go as a seat-warmer and not have to pay the cover charge. The show was great (corroborated here). It was fun to dress up for the day, and I even brough makeup with me to do some face-fixin before we arrived. Of course, I forgot about that part and went in with only the bare minimum. In honor of my favorite member of the Round Table, I had a Dorothy Parker cocktail: vodka, chambourd, and lemon juice. Sweet and tart, but a little strong for my drink tastes.

Also, Happy Bloomsday!

I'm taking a break from the studying, and enjoying some knitting time on the train. In fact, I think that I'll take advantage of a lunch break (so rare!) and knit for a while now, too.

No comments: