Sunday, April 16, 2006

and a happy spring to you too!

To celebrate spring in a completely non-religious way, Hubby and I went to the New York Botanical Garden today to renew a very lapsed membership. We have high hopes of visiting on a regular basis, in part because we have about a dozen (and more on the way) free parking passes, and it just seems a shame to waste them. Of course, we could take the train, but let's wait until we run out, shan't we?

The garden was tricked out for Easter, with about six cute little topiary bunnies scattered around. Kids got a fun-seeming map of them all, but dull adults who were purchasing memberships weren't so lucky. I was a little sad that I didn't get one (but wasn't interested enough to go and ask for it).


As always, the daffodils were my favorite early spring visitor.




We'll try to head back in two weeks for the azalea and lilac show. Hubby's the azalea fan, I'm over the moon for lilacs. When you've got them growing right outside your window as a kid, they tend to stay a favorite for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I love the Botanical Garden - many of my favorite photographs were taken there. I'm hoping to go this week.