Tuesday, April 18, 2006

the ramos gin fizz

Two weeks ago, Hubby and I happened into a nearby store that specializes in Middle Eastern fare; really, the whole eastern part of the Mediterrean Sea. We got what we were looking for (Greek desserts to follow a lamb and phyllo pie) and then started browsing. I got a happy surprise and found orange blossom water (from Lebanon) on the shelf. (That's it, in the center.) Finally! The key ingredient to a Ramos Gin Fizz.


Using the Biff Grimes' recipe, I shook that mother up. The result? Just OK. It was nothing compared to the ones made at the Pegu Club. I'll try some others and hopefully find a keeper recipe.

For now, it's time to make another round of Sud-Ouests. It's been that kind of week. Please don't remind me that it's only Tuesday.

No comments: