Sunday, April 09, 2006

seriously stalled

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now. Nothing seems to be working out, knitting-wise. I did finish the lovely spring scarf this weekend, and will share a picture later (still in the camera). The Retro Rib sock is toying with me, and I can't seem to get the heel started. If I can't get this going, what's going to happen when it comes to the short-row part? Yikes: too scary to contemplate. I also set out some pieces of a potential baby gift, and found that my gauge varied wildly. Far too wildly to consider sewing the piece up. Finally, I started to make the linen hand towel from MDK and that's too loose and floppy to be a towel, too. I'll have to frog and go down to a #3 needle, but that's too much like socks, so I'm not pleased there either. And the kitchen sink is clogged and we have people coming over for dinner tonight. Guess I get to use the new bathtub for washing the dishes.

This concludes my session of complaining. Thank you for your attention to these matters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FYI, hubby fixed the kitchen sink.